We are a research group at Pierre Louis Institute of Epidemiology and Public Health part of INSERM. We combine a complex-system perspective with heavy computation to study the drivers of pathogens' spread in human and animal populations.
We have an open Postdoc/Research Assistant positon on the modelling of multi-strain/multi-pathogen interaction and influenza. Check it here!
Below recent articles and pre-prints on the COVID-19 epidemic. Our work is partially funded by the ANR Flash Covid-19, the Fondation de France, the program Emergence(s) of municipality of Paris, Haute Autorité de Santé. It is conducted in collaboration with various researchers and institutions, including EPIcx Lab, Réseau Sentinelles, Lemey Lab, Alain Barrat, Haute Autorité de Santé, Santé Publique France, Cauchemez Lab.
- Pre-print: Reactive vaccination of workplaces and schools against COVID-19 (available here)
- Article: A modelling study investigating short and medium-term challenges for COVID-19 vaccination: From prioritisation to the relaxation of measures (published on EClinicalMedicine)
- Article: Untangling introductions and persistence in COVID-19 resurgence in Europe (published on Nature)
- Popular article: Covid-19 : les applications de suivi des contacts sont efficaces pour limiter le nombre d’infections (published on The Conversation France)
- Pre-print: Adherence and sustainability of interventions informing optimal control against COVID-19 pandemic (available here)
- Report: Evolution du nombre de tests positifs, des nouvelles hospitalisations et des admissions en soins critiques pour COVID-19 apres la mise en place des mesures sanitaires renforcées, Mars-Avril 2021 (available here)
- Article: Anatomy of digital contact tracing: role of age, transmission setting, adoption and case detection (published on Science Advances)
- Report: Evaluation des stratégies vaccinales COVID-19 avec un modèle mathématique populationnel (available here)
- Article: Accommodating individual travel history, global mobility, and unsampled diversity in phylogeography: a SARS-CoV-2 case study (published on Nature Communications)
- Report: Doubling time of COVID-19 hospitalizations in regions in France (available here)
- Report: Evaluation of StopCovid (available here)
- Comment: Applications of predictive modelling early in the COVID-19 epidemic (with SV Scarpino, EM Volz, published on The Lancet Digital Health)
- Article: Tracing and analysis of 288 early SARS-CoV-2 infections outside China: A modeling study (published on PLoS Medicine, data available here)
- Article: Excess cases of influenza-like illnesses synchronous with coronavirus disease (COVID-19) epidemic, France, March 2020 (published on Eurosurveillance)
- Article: Preparedness and vulnerability of African countries against importations of COVID-19: a modelling study (published on The Lancet)
- Article: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) early-stage importation risk to Europe, January 2020 (published Eurosurveillance)
apr-2021: New paper: Reorganization of nurse scheduling reduces the risk of healthcare associated infections.
jan-2021: New lab member. Benjamin Faucher is starting his internship. Benjamin will work on COVID-19 and interacting disease dynamics.
dec-2020: Chiara gives an invited talk at the Conference of Complex Systems 2020.
fall-2020: for the second year Chiara is teaching at the course Life Data Epidemiology of the master Physics of Data, at the University of Padova.
oct-2020: New lab member. Francesco Bonacina is starting his PhD co-supervised by Chiara and Maud Thomas at LPSM. Francesco will work on advance data analysis approaches and machine learning applied to the global epidemic circulation.
aug-2020: Chiara gives an invited talk at the Riyadh Global Digital Health Summit, G20 presidency associated event.
jul-2020: Beatriz has succesfully defended her internship project about the impact of the first-lockdown on the COVID-19 spreading dynamics in France.
jul-2020: Jesús has discussed his internship project about the modelling of digital contact tracing with multi-layer contact networks.
jul-2020: New lab member. Rania has joined the team as a Post Doc to work on the assessment of the COVID-19 outbreak and the impact of intervetions.